So, you love to update your windows to get new features and specifications on your Windows computer. FI also love to do this. Few days back I was updating my Windows8/NT, while updating this suddenly I got error called Windows Update Error 0x80070103. I also came to know that there are many people also have the got the same problem while updating their Windows 8 or Windows NT. So, I researched the reasons for this problem and finally found the way to fix it easily. There are mainly two type of error occurs while updating the Windows 8/NT. Windows Update_80070103 and 0x80070103 these are those two types of errors and the most common error in 0x80070103.
Reasons of Windows Update Error 0x80070103
Windows Update Error 0x80070103 mainly occurs due to these most common reasons in your PC.
If you are trying to install a new driver to your PC which is already installed in your PC and it might occur due to updating a new not compatible driver in your PC. Apart from these there are no hard reasons for this error. So, below is the step by step guide process helps you to fix Windows Update Error 0x80070103.
Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070103
So, here some simple steps you need to follow the fix this Windows Update Error 0x80070103.
- In the first step, you need to go to Control Panel in your PC or otherwise search “Control Panel” and hit enter.
- Now click on Windows Update which you can find in the Control Panel.
- Now click on the link important updates are available to update and now you will find link called optional updates are available and click on that link then you will see 5 optional updates are available.
- Now you can select the update that you want to hide and right click on the update and click on Hide update.
- So, you can hide all the updates that you want to hide.
Now you just need to disable auto-update of deriver installation, which helps you to get rid of this problem. Then follow these simple steps to disable auto-update of driver installation.
- Now go to your Desktop and right click and click on Computer and look for Organize which is placed at the up at the left side corner in your screen.
- Then click on that and go to properties.
- Now you can find Advanced System Settings in the left side of the screen. Click on Advanced System Settings a new window will open and that is System Properties.
- Now you need to select Hardware in the system properties window. Then click on Device Installation Settings.
- Then you have to select No let me choose what to and in that select Never install driver software from Windows Update.
- Then click Save Changes to save all the changes you have made. That’s it.
So, now update tour Windows without any problem. If you find any doubts or problems with this guide then you can comment that through below form. We will be replying to it within 24 hours.